20 March 2011

Moonrise

The full moon that rose yesterday was said to be the largest appearing in nearly twenty years. The rain that's falling today, however, was already setting in, so any sky view was clogged by clouds. I didn't mind so much. I was tired from my first rock climbing day this year and had been out the night before for the one day shy of full moonrise.

This little stream is a tributary of the Apple River and has a pleasing sinuous shape. I would liked to have tried shooting from higher to better see the creek turns. The state highway on which I was standing offers some topographical advantage that could be further added to by doing an Ansel Adams and standing on the roof of my vehicle, but the highway here is actually a short causeway over the swamp with scant inches of shoulder and regular traffic flow.